- STAKEHOLDERS’ MEETING BY MOFA HELD AT BECHEM
- Reconstitution of Tano South Zonal Councils
- Town Hall meeting held at Mansin
- Tano South Municipal Celebrates 65th Independence Anniversary
- Assembly Donates 1,086 Dual Desks to Municipal Education Directorate
- Orientation of Key Stakeholders on New District Medium-Term Development Plan 2022-2025
- Executives Of Bechem Local Council Of Churches Donates to The Municipal Assembly
- One-day Capacity Building Training Workshop on Local Government Protocols for Assembly Staff
- People Living With Disability In The Municipality Receives Share Of Common Fund
- 36th Farmer's Day Celebration
The Tano South Municipal is one of the 260 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in Ghana, and forms part of the 6 Municipalities and Districts in the Ahafo Region. The Tano South Municipal was carved from the Tano District and by a Legislative Instrument LI 1765 of 2004, the Tano District was split into two.
The Municipal capital Bechem, is on the Sunyani-Kumasi first class road (asphalt) and about 54 km from Sunyani and 76 km from Kumasi. The Municipality lies in the southern part of the Ahafo Region between latitudes 7º00”N and 7º25” N and longitudes 1º45” W and 2º15” W and covers an area of 489.0 square kilometres. Read More>>
The vision of the Tano South Municipal Assembly is to create an optimistic, self-confident and prosperous Municipality.
Unity, Excellence and Development
The Tano South District Assembly exists to creatively explore the human, natural and financial resources of the Municipality in a sustainable manner for the provision and equitable distribution of basic socio-economic infrastructure and services through the active participation of all stakeholders in the development process for the betterment of the people in the Municipality.
STAKEHOLDERS’ MEETING BY MOFA HELD AT BECHEMTano South Municipal Office of Agricultural Department under the auspices of Ministry of Food and Agriculture has organized stakeholders’ meeting at Bechem to discuss key indicators which hinder Agricultural production …Read More »
Reconstitution of Tano South Zonal CouncilsThe LI 1967 gives mandate to all assemblies to form councils, being it zonal, area or urban council. It is with this mandate that the Tano South Municipal Assembly …Read More »
Town Hall meeting held at MansinAs part of the mandate by the Municipal Chief Executive to engage the communities under the municipalities, a town hall meeting has been held at Mansin community, a town in …Read More »
Hon. Collins Offinam Takyi
Municipal Chief Executive
Mr. Augustine Peprah
Municipal Co-ordinating Director
Hon. Benjamin Yeboah Sekyere
Member of Parliament
Hon. Asare Antwi
There are no upcoming events.